Metabolism and your Body
How hormones affect your Metabolic Health
Metabolism is the set of chemical reactions that occur in living organisms in order to maintain life. These processes allow organisms to grow and reproduce, maintain their structures, and respond to their environments. Metabolism is usually divided into two categories. Catabolism breaks down large molecules, for example to harvest energy in cellular respiration. Anabolism, on the other hand, uses energy to construct components of cells such as proteins and nucleic acids.
The chemical reactions of metabolism are organized into metabolic pathways, in which one chemical is transformed into another by a sequence of enzymes. Enzymes are crucial to metabolism because they allow organisms to drive desirable but thermodynamically unfavorable reactions by coupling them to favorable ones. Enzymes also allow the regulation of metabolic pathways in response to changes in the cell's environment or signals from other cells.
The metabolism of an organism determines which substances it will find nutritious and which it will find poisonous. For example, some prokaryotes use hydrogen sulfide as a nutrient, yet this gas is poisonous to animals. The speed of metabolism, the metabolic rate, also influences how much food an organism will require.CALL TODAY LEARN MORE
What is Metabolic Testing?
Biologic and physiologic biomarkers and assessments based on oxygen consumed and carbon dioxide for:
- RMR - Resting Metabolic Rate - a measurement of calories used to maintain basic life functions such as circulatory, respiratory and brain function. RMR typically accounts for 60 to 75 percent of total energy used by a healthy person with a normal metabolism.
- Exercise Metabolic Rate - measurements used to determine the efficiency and types of body fuels used fats vs sugars during exercise.
- Aerobic Base - a range based on heart rate that tells you where you are most efficient at utilizing fat as an energy fuel source.
- Lactate Threshold (LT) - a biomarker that determines your maximal sustainable exercise intensity during which you start to burn fat and glucose or sugars. When you pass the lactate threshold, anaerobic metabolism begins to take over and glucose is predominately used as an energy source.
- VO2 Max - the maximum volume of oxygen that your body can use during intensive whole-body exercises expressed as liters per minute or milliliters per kg bodyweight per minute.
- NutrEval from Genova - Unlike any other nutritional assessments, NutrEval FMVÂ® provides a framework of core nutrients in 5 key areas: Antioxidants, B Vitamins, Digestive Support, Essential Fatty Acids, and Minerals. In this test, the Amino Acids are measured in a convenient first-morning urine collection.
Laboratory tests utilizing blood, urine and saliva to determine:
- How your body produces and utilizes energy at a cellular level.
- Factors, nutritional deficiencies and imbalances that influence energy metabolism.
- Hormone imbalances or deficiencies causing adverse health symptoms.
What are the Benefits of Metabolic and Hormone Testing?
Medical and health information obtained through metabolic and hormone testing enables our physicians and health counselors to design individualized, personalized health and wellness programs to help optimize your health and performance. Learning to exercise at an intensity relative to your metabolism determines the efficiency and effectiveness of your workouts and weight management program. When exercising too hard, your metabolism uses primarily sugars which can leave you feeling hungry, tired and sore afterwards. Too low of an exercise intensity doesn't challenge your metabolism to reach optimal levels and diminishes fitness improvements and weight goals.
Taking a comprehensive look at your metabolism determines the factors affecting you energy and fuel consumption. Hormones imbalances, bodily toxins and deficient nutrients can overload your system creating food sensitivities and health symptoms that disrupt your optimal metabolic processes including weight distribution, muscle mass and bone strength.
Where can you get Metabolic Testing?At Modern Therapy you can make your metabolism work for you. We will help you understand how your body's particular metabolism works and give you tools and therapies to lose fat and weight while increasing muscle, increasing energy, stamina and endurance levels. Many of our patients enrolled in the HCG Therapy and HGH Therapy programs see results in just a matter of months.
Modern Therapy has been providing patients with HGH Therapy, Testosterone Treatment, Human Growth Hormone Therapy, HCG Injections, HGH Injections, Andropause Treatment and Menopause Treatment for over 20 years. Our Mayo Clinic® Trained physicians take their time to carefully listen to you and treat your symptoms with a holistic approach and provide preventative care to help fight the signs of aging. Healthy and youthful aging is possible and using Age Management Medicine, anti-aging treatments and supplements, nutrition, fitness and hormone optimization with bio-identical hormones, our Anti-Aging Physicians put you back on track to living a healthy, vibrant lifestyle.
Contact one of our Hormone Replacement therapists today to find out more about Growth Hormone Treatments, HCG Therapy, and Testosterone Therapy including Testosterone injections, creams, gels and patches!
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY
CONTACT US VIA E-MAIL
CALL US INSTEAD
PLEASE NOTE THAT LINES ARE TYPICALLY OPEN 24/7, HOWEVER WHEN LINES ARE BUSY OUR SERVICE MIGHT BE EFFECTED.